Friday, May 11, 2012

It's sink or swim with the JCC triathlon Sunday.

May 1: Spin class with Margie
May 2: Off
May 3: Spin class with Margie
May 4: Off
May 5: Jogged 3.5 miles on the course of the JCC Triathlon.
May 6: Swam 10 laps in JCC pool, rode around Marblehead Neck three times.
May 7: Off
May 8: Spin class with Margie at the JCC. 40 minutes of climging
May 9: Swam at the JCC
May 10: Spin Class with Andrew.
May 11: Light jog on the beach and around Swampscott
You would think, with two months to train, I would've.
In the weeks leading up to the triathlon, I've cut back on everything and tried to stay active. I haven't rode much, but I have spun, just because of the time crunch and rain almost every day. My goal is to finish. I swim like a tug boat and run like Shrek. I have actually forgotten how to run, and I am constantly favoring my left leg, which has a rod in it from my hip to my knee after a compound fracture from a car accident in 2001. I'm convinced I can walk faster than I can jog. Tomorrow, I work at the bike store. I will probably take a slow ride in the morning just to get the feel of the bike. If you see me on the course, give me a shout.
PS: Stop by Marblehead Cycle on Saturday. It's owner Chris Finn's birthday. There might be cake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home