Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Riding into the teeth of a breeze

Tuesday, April 24Rode 16.4 miles to Nahant and back.
 After taking Monday off trying to figure out the Sea Glass Ride, I rode to Nahant today in the teeth of a strong breeze. I rode my steel frame Allez just because I could, and I figured not only would it be more stable in the wind than the Trek, the heavier bike would give me a better workout.
With the wind in my face, the ride out was cold and felt like a climb. I couldn't get out of the small chain ring up front. Coming back was a different story. I was going 20 mph without pedaling, or at least it felt like it. I managed to cross Humphrey Street and ride to the Middle School to vote. As I headed toward the Middle School, a CCB rider was coming at me down the hill. As I always do when I see a CCB rider, I shout "CCB!" and as they always do when they hear this, they give a quick "hey," and pedal off as fast as they can.
Now it's off to work. And I'm again going to shamelessly plug my my big MS ride in the fall, especially in light of news this week that an MS drug, when taken early enough, can head off the worst symptoms of the disease that attacks the brain and spinal cord. Check out my MS GLOBAl fundraising page or pass it along to someone, please. The ride is also looking for sponsors. For as little as $500, you can get your name on rider T-shirts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home