Sunday, April 15, 2012

Finding time to ride while working more

April 10: Swam at the JCC
April 11: Rode to spin class at the JCC with Margie
April 12: Rode to spin class a the JCC with Andrew
April 14: Rode 24.8 miles with the Cyclopaths up to Hamilton. Rode on Trek. Averaged 13.7 miles. Personal record on the Bypass TT of 1:49 on Strava
April 15: Happy Birthday, Dana. Rode 17.9 miles to Nahant with Dr. Freedman.

It's really getting hard to find the time to do all the miles I should be doing. I'm still haven't gone long this year. A further crunch on my time is I've taken a part time job at Marblehead Cycle on Saturdays, helping out. If I can ever get the register down, I think I'll do OK. It's a lot of work. The hardest part is carrying all these 30-pound beater bikes up to the second floor when they come in for repairs. Makes me appreciate my desk job more.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tamarise Cronin said...

HOW are you going to get in a Cyclopath ride on Saturdays if you're working at Mhead Cycle??!! And are you really pushing the Sea Glass Ride to October?

5:36 AM  
Blogger Ethan Forman said...

Hi Tammy,
If you didn't notice, I think I rode with the Cyclopaths this past Saturday. I can ride for a couple of hours before heading to the bike shop. It just means those gut busting breakfasts are going to have to take a back seat for a while. Great seeing you on Saturday!
As for the Sea Glass Ride going into the fall, I don't see any other way. There are too many conflicts and riding in early June was not good last year because people suffered and were not in shape. Any other suggestions, let me know. I will begin planning the ride the following week. Thanks.

8:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home