Friday, August 17, 2012

How to outrace a race a chocolate lab the day before the Mt. Washington

Rode 14.8 miles in Bridgton, Maine
While doing my usual morning loop up Mountain Road, at the top of the hill, I decided to head straight onto Hancock Pond Road. Instead of a pond, I found a ramshackle home with a pontoon boat and a vicious, unleashed chocolate lab in the front yard. I was heading downhill, so it was easy to out run the barking beast, but as I came up the next climb, I realized outrunning him while climbing up a hill would not be so easy. So, I turned around and flew back down the hill. As the road turned up I notice the pontoon boat sitting halfway up the hill, so I gunned it, and it was a lucky thing I did since there was not one, but two chocolate labs gunning for me. I was able to outrace them, then noticed I was nearing my maximum heart rate. I slowed down, feeling as if I had just won the sprint of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home